The field of logistics is complex and constantly evolving, thanks to technology and innovations that aim to improve processes and enhance services. With hundreds—likely thousands—of companies serving the industry or providing ancillary services, it’s no surprise that a good logistics blog is a valuable resource for any logistics leader who wants an easier way to keep tabs on everything that’s happening in the industry.
To some, a good logistics blog may seem like little more than industry fodder, but these blogs provide a means of communication between organizations and leaders who need an effective way to discuss challenges and share solutions. With regulatory compliance becoming an increasing concern, globalization muddying the waters, and technology changing the way we collaborate, organize and distribute talent, goods and services, logistics blogs provide a logical discussion forum to aid leaders in riding the waves of constant change.
Listed in no particular order, the following 44 blogs publish some of the best commentary, news and information for logistics and supply chain leaders, their constituents and even students looking to work in this complex but critical field that shapes the way the world works and plays.
Top Blog Badges
Did you make out list? Add a custom badge to your website and let others know you’re one of the best logistics blogs on the Web.
Jump to: Website Badges
We’ve also created a Twitter list of all the blogs who made our list. You can follow the list here Top Logistics Blogs
Our List of the Best Logistics Blogs
1. Logistics Management
Logistics Management originated as a monthly print publication for logistics professionals, launched way back in 1962. Since that time, it’s evolved into the go-to site for industry pros with the latest news and industry happenings daily. Today, two annual publications supplement the daily news and regular blogs covering the field of logistics.
Three posts we like from Logistics Management:
- Supply chain as a strategic asset?
- Have logistics leaders lost “pricing” battle?
- Securing the air cargo supply chain
2. Logistics Viewpoints
Logistics Viewpoints aims to provide logistics professionals with “clear and concise analyses of logistics trends, technologies, and services,” with lead contributors bringing more than 25 years of experience to the table. A joint venture between Adelante SCM and ARC Advisory Group, Logistics Viewpoints has been reporting on current industry news and trends since January 2009.
Three posts we like from Logistics Viewpoints:
- Great Advice for Young Professionals from Supply Chain Executives
- What is the Future of Truckload Transportation?
- Warehouse Management System Supplier Selection
3. Lean Logistics Blog
The Lean Logistics Blog is an open forum for the discussion of lean logistics and supply chain best practices. LeanCor, the company behind this blog, has been a trusted supply chain partner since 2005, “delivering operational improvement and measurable financial results.”
Three posts we like from Lean Logistics Blog:
- 4 Suggestions to Improve Workforce Efficiency within the Warehouse
- Freight Claims: How Much Are They Really Costing You?
- A Lean Method to Increasing Productivity in Manufacturing Sub-Assembly
4. WFP Logistics
WFP Logistics is run by the World Food Programme, the world’s largest humanitarian organization that fights hunger worldwide. The organization’s blog focuses on logistics in the food industry, covering topics such as improving supply chain efficiency to better meet the needs of third-world countries.
Three posts we like from WFP Logistics:
5. CPG Logistics
CPG Logistics is a blog run by KANE, an able logistics specialists, which had humble beginnings in Northwestern PA back in 1930 but has since grown to a fleet of more than 140 power units and 800 trailers—and over 6.5 million square feet of 3PL warehouse space and 16 U.S. distribution centers. Clearly, no further explanation needed that these guys know their stuff.
Three posts we like from CPG Logistics:
- Training Logistics Leaders, One Mistake at a Time
- Logistics Workforce Management: Today, It’s About Transparency
- Technology l Retail Distribution l Logistics Automation l Warehouse Technology
6. Freight Dawg
Eric J. Joiner, Jr. brings his 30-plus years of experience to his blog, Freight Dawg, which covers topics ranging from careers in logistics to supply chain and logistics technology and strategy. Joiner aims to provide industry-level commentary of interest to both logistics and supply chain professionals.
Three posts we like from Freight Dawg:
- Amtrak’s Long Routes Killing Profitability?
- USPS Saturday Service Termination…Hempstead weighs in.
- US Maritime Unions and Carrier Group reach Tentative Agreement
Lynden is a freight shipping and logistics company, providing air, water and land travel to challenging areas such as Western Canada, Russia and Alaska. Services include scheduled and charter barges, rail barges, intermodal bulk chemical hauls, domestic and international forwarding and much more, encompassing virtually all transport and logistics services for clients around the world.
Three posts we like from Lynden:
- Lynden’s reliable service critical for Deadliest Catch, other Discovery Channel programs
- Quick response draws praise from the top
- Alaska West Express Tests Extended Oil Changes
DCVelocity is a digital magazine covering transportation, material handling, technology and strategy. Several leading experts serve as blog columnists, such as Kate Vitasek, a nationally recognized innovator in the practice of supply chain management, and Steve Geary, an adjunct faculty member at the University of Tennessee’s College of Business Administration faculty member at The Gordon Institute at Tufts University, where he teaches supply chain management.
Three posts we like from DCVelocity:
- Will Supply Chains become Supply Circles?
- You Might Have a Bad Warehouse If…The Returns Are Beeping at You
- Attending to the social and economic impacts of the supply chain
9. Supply Chain Brain
Supply Chain Brain is a leading digital publication covering all things supply chain. The Think Tank blog, run by editors of Supply Chain Brain, covers all the latest trends, technology and newsworthy happenings related to supply chains and supply chain management.
Three posts we like from Supply Chain Brain:
- Just How Much Inventory Is Out There, Anyway?
- Why Cybersecurity Is a Supply-Chain Problem
- What It Takes to Be a Great Demand Planner
10. Modern Materials Handling
Modern Materials Handling is a robust resource for logistics professionals, including guides, white papers, webcasts, a news feed, blogs and more for all the latest trends and news spanning the industry.
Three posts we like from Modern Materials Handling:
- Mobile & Wireless: RFID – the comeback kid?
- Automation: What’s next for supply chain software
- Supply chain: Amazon is changing the rules of the game
11. Supply Chains Rock
Who said supply chains are boring? That’s the tagline of Supply Chains Rock, which focuses on the engaging and interesting aspects of supply chain management and technology. The blog’s publisher, Christopher Sciacca, is an IBM employee who discusses the way the supply chain works in a way that relates to both consumers and industry professionals.
Three posts we like from Supply Chains Rock:
- Real-Time Big Data is the Next Big Thing for Supply Chains
- The Role of Technology Within Supply Chains
- Smarter Shelving?
12. 3PL Wire
3PL Wire, founded in 2006, is a premier resource for logistics and supply chain professionals. Authors “Swizstick” and “Splatty” bring more than 20 years of experience to the table, hailing from the carrier and importer logistics industry. The blog covers industry news, supply chain security, 3PL trends and more.
Three posts we like from 3PL Wire:
- Top 5 Signs it is Time to Switch Carriers
- Future 3PL Factors to Consider
- Exploring Logistics in Developing Markets of China, India and Vietnam – By Mark Millar
13. Food Logistics
Food Logistics features its own blog, with Editor-In-Chief Lara Sowinski providing commentary related to the food supply, transportation and logistics fields. There are also a number of valuable guest contributions from leading industry experts.
Three posts we like from Food Logistics:
- Food Supply Recall and How IT Increases Efficiency
- Concerns With GMO’s: What’s Next?
- Recalls Highlight the Importance of Ensuring Food Safety Throughout the Supply Chain
14. Strasburger Price LLP
Strasburger Price, LLP’s Transportation & Logistics Blog covers the logistics and transportation industries from a legal perspective. With the many rules, regulations and red tape to work through in the logistics field, this blog is a valuable resource for keeping tabs on the latest guidelines.
Three posts we like from Strasburger Price LLP:
- U.S. Export Controls May Apply In Situations That Are Wholly Domestic And/Or Unlikely To Be Recognized As International
- It’s Not Just Trucking: Increased Scrutiny of Companies Using Independent Contractors All Across the Economy
- A Triumph of Fear Over Facts: Cross-Border Trucking on Life Support
15. PLS Logistics
Founded back in 1991, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the leading logistics management services providers in the U.S. The company ships nearly one million loads annually across all major freight modes. A visit to PLS Logistics’ blog reveals insights on industry news and trends, advice for cutting costs, improving processes and reducing transport impacts on the bottom line.
Three posts we like from PLS Logistics:
- 5 Ways to Drive LTL Freight Savings
- Logistics at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Five Key Facts about Logistics and Transportation
16. Trinity Logistics
Trinity Logistics began back in 1979 with a single location and three employees. Today, the company spans 90 locations across the U.S., employs more than 200 people and prides itself on providing superior customer service. The Trinity Logistics blog includes insights into the company’s culture, creating a level of transparency for improved customer relationships. Other topics include regulatory news and industry changes alongside plenty of advice on logistics management.
Three posts we like from Trinity Logistics:
- The Winds of Change: New HOS Regulations
- Relationships: Brokers and Carriers
- Six Reasons You Should Partner with a 3PL
17. Women and Logistics
The field of logistics has traditionally been one primarily led by men, but that tide is turning. Women and Logistics emphasizes the increasing role of female leaders in the logistics field. Founder Jean Regan, also President, CEO and Chairman of the Board of TranzAct Technologies, also blogs on Finding Balance.
Three posts we like from Women and Logistics:
- Jean’s Blog: What Unemployment Numbers Mean to Me
- Due Diligence Really Does Matter
- Jean’s Blog: Keep Track of Your Time
18. The Logistics of Logistics
The Logistics of Logistics, hosted by Joe Lynch, covers all things logistics, including technology, roundups of the best resources encompassing various facets of the industry and more. In addition to Lynch’s insightful commentary, you’ll find white papers, webinars, news and events and more.
Three posts we like from The Logistics of Logistics:
- The 15 Biggest LTL Carriers
- The Top 10 Transportation Management Systems
- Top Warehouses in North America 2013
19. Inbound Logistics
Inbound Logistics is a digital publication focused on the field of inbound logistics. Databases of the top 100 providers in key segments of the supply chain industry, free downloads of logistics planners, website directories and more supplement the articles and commentary encompassing every aspect of the industry.
Three posts we like from Inbound Logistics:
- The Lean Supply Chain: Watch Your Waste Line
- G75: 75 Green Supply Chain Partners 2013
- Delivery Scheduling Relieves Loading Dock Bottlenecks
20. Supply Chain and Logistics Blog
The Supply Chain and Logistics Blog is run by Bruce Hartman, who holds a Ph.D. in Operations Research and Supply Chain Management. Dr. Hartman is currently a Professor at the University of Saint Francis and weighs in regularly with his perspective on industry news related to supply chains, operations management, logistics and similar topics.
Three posts we like from Supply Chain and Logistics Blog:
- Benefits of Additive Manufacturing
- Whose supply chain is it anyway?
- ‘Eurasia’ logistics hub at Le Havre
21. The Voyager
The Voyager is a blog run by Logility, a supply chain management software provider. The editorial team consists of industry leaders with years of experience in enterprise software, operations and technology management, inventory optimization, globalization and more.
Three posts we like from The Voyager:
- Demand Forecasting: The Unfair Competitive Advantage
- The Next Generation Supply Chain Leader
- Demand Forecasting Excellence: Foundation for a Highly Efficient Supply Chain
22. Logistics Portal
Logistics Portal is a hub of all things logistics from around the Web. Editor Nick Matyas contributes insightful commentary and reports on the latest news impacting the logistics and supply chain industries.
Three posts we like from Logistics Portal:
- New Advanced Predictive Analytics tool unlocks the hidden value in your freight rate archives
- What is Electronic Freight Management (EFM)
- Supply Chain Cloud Computing is Growing in Momentum
23. Network Global Logistics Blog
A “leader in mission-critical delivery and efficient distribution for freight, supply chain and warehousing as well as critical parts and same day delivery needs,” NGL got its start in 1971 as an air courier company specializing in first flight courier services. NGL’s blog covers supply chain and logistics news, advice and resources for industry professionals.
Three posts we like from Network Global Logistics Blog:
- Is Poor Supply Chain Vendor Quality Driving Up Your Costs?
- 5 Ways to Save on LTL Volume Freight
- How to Pick the Right E-commerce Distribution Point
24. Ryder Exchange
Ryder’s Exchange blog provides “thought leadership on a variety of fleet, supply chain and logistics-related topics.” You’ll find industry trends, hot topics, news and features, best practices and more—for both the logistics beginner and seasoned professional.
Three posts we like from Ryder Exchange:
- Four Steps to Managing a Seasonal Supply Chain
- Making Order Out of Chaos in Today’s Multi-Source Retail Supply Chain
- Want to Shift Your Supply Chain Into High Gear?
25. ADS Logistics
ADS Logistics Co, LLC offers a range of logistics and supply chain services, including warehousing, over-the-road trucking and more. The company’s blog focuses on a variety of news and issues affecting the trucking, supply chain and logistics fields.
Three posts we like rom ADS Logistics:
- How Technology Has Changed the Trucking Industry
- How Has Trucking Changed from 10 Years Ago?
- How Would Americans Survive If Trucks Stopped Running?
26. BlueGrace Logistics
BlueGrace Logistics is a transportation management company with the goal of providing customers “with superior supply chain management services and best in class technology at the lowest possible cost while providing customers with the above and beyond level of customer service they deserve.” BlueGrace Logistics’ blog covers topics ranging from shipping, management, logistics and more.
Three posts we like from BlueGrace Logistics:
- Port of Possibilites: The Expansion of the Port of Tampa
- Manufacturing: Coming Back to America
- Common Concerns and Simple Solutions of U.S. Manufacturers
27. Blue Horseshoe Solutions
Blue Horseshoe Solutions provides expert management and strategy consulting, system design, implementation, optimization and distribution design services. Blue Horseshoe’s blog covers news and events related to distribution and related technology, software tutorials, management strategy advice and resources and much more. On July 8, 2013, Microsoft announced that it would acquire Blue Horseshoe’s warehouse and transportation management solutions for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Three posts we like from Blue Horseshoe Solutions:
- Case Study Technology Upgrades and Optimized Operations for National Furniture Distributor
- Is the Term ‘Optimization’ Promising Too Much In Your Supply Chain?
- Don’t Let Big Data Get in the Way of an Innovative Supply Chain
28. Quiet Logistics
Quiet Logistics consists of a team of executives with a combined 235 years of experience in 3PL, warehouse management and material handling automation technologies. The blog, launched in March 2013, covers third-party logistics, distribution, fulfillment, inventory management and more.
Three posts we like from Quiet Logistics:
- Scaling eCommerce Order Fulfillment Through Time
- 3 Tips for Finding a Distribution Center with Fast Order Fulfillment
- 5 Reasons Wholesale DCs Struggle with Fashion eCommerce Fulfillment
29. @ Supply Chain Management
Chris Jacob Abraham, who works as a senior consultant in the Fab PowerOps group at IBM, blogs at @ Supply Chain Management. Abraham has also had a company acquired by IBM and brings a vast amount of prior experience to the table. Abraham blogs about leadership, reverse logistics, Six Sigma and related topics.
Three posts we like from @ Supply Chain Management:
- Predictions for the Supply Chain in 2013
- A brief background on Sustainability issues
- Supply Chain Optimization – careful with those words now…
30. Extreme Factories
Extreme Factories is “a set of tools that allows a company to simply and effectively set-up, monitor and follow-up a business innovation process.” The blog covers all things related to innovation, optimization, process flow improvement and other productivity-enhancing resources.
Three posts we like from Extreme Factories:
- The ‘agile’ way of innovation
- Capturing value from innovation
- The Four Stages of Innovation Management
31. PNG Logistics
PNG Logistics is a full-service 3PL company, helping clients lower their freight costs and increase shipping efficiencies. The PNG Logistics blog covers supply chain news, technology, transportation and more.
Three posts we like from PNG Logistics:
ODW Logistics is an industry leader in supply chain solutions and a full-service 3PL provider supporting companies of all sizes. Blogistics, the official company blog, covers leadership, technology, optimization and more.
Three posts we like from Blogistics:
- Logistics of a Farmer
- The Logistics of Supply Chain IT
- How Cold and Flu Season Could Impact Your Supply Chain
33. About.com Logistics/Supply Chain
Martin Murray, author and senior supply chain management consultant, serves as the About.com Guide to Logistics and Supply Chain. Murray covers strategy, importing and exporting, RFID, operations, green supply chain and other topics of interest to professionals in the logistics and supply chain industries.
Three posts we like from About.com Logistics/Supply Chain:
34. Material Handling & Logistics
Material Handling & Logistics is a news and information portal geared specifically towards top-level executives and managers who are either buyers or providers of outsourced logistics services. This is a frequently updated news site covering all the latest industry and company news related to logistics and supply chains. Webinars, white papers and more add to this robust collection of logistics resources.
Three posts we like from Material Handling & Logistics:
- Make: Toward a Paperless Food Chain
- Logistically Speaking: Fame Is Fickle in the Supply Chain Arena
- How U.S. Manufacturers Save on Logistics South of the Border
35. Logistics Online
Logistics Online is a news resource covering logistics, supply chain and transportation solutions. Topics encompassing technology, company news and industry happenings and more are covered. Logistics Online also offers a free newsletter and has an active Twitter presence to keep you up-to-date on industry happenings. Note: Free registration is required to view full content.
Three posts we like from Logistics Online:
- ERP In Wholesale And Distribution
- From Premium Logistics To A True Partner In Global Life Science Supply Chain Management
- Pharma Preps For Serialization
36. Automotive Logistics
Automotive Logistics covers the full spectrum from logistics to supply chain in the automotive industry. Automotive Logistics started off as a magazine but has evolved into a comprehensive provider of news, connections and intelligence both in-print and online.
Three posts we like from Automotive Logistics:
- Packaged for prime protection
- Chain reactions getting harder to manage
- Prepared for take-off as airfreight carriers predict growth
37. DataNow Global
DataNow Global is a blog run by Dimension Data, an ICT services and solutions provider. DataNow Global emphasizes the technological aspects of the logistics and supply chain fields, including software, UCC solutions, collaborations and more.
Three posts we like from DataNow Global:
- Supply chain outsourcing dos and don’ts
- Planning for and mitigating natural disasters through supply chain management
- Mistakes to avoid when looking to reduce logistics costs
38. Lean Logistics
A global service provider of transportation management system (TMS) applications and supply chain services, Lean Logistics covers the latest trends in transportation management. “The LeanLogistics Transportation Network empowers shippers, carriers and other participating members to reduce costs, improve services and gain complete visibility.”
Three posts we like from Lean Logistics:
- Dannon Leverages LeanLogistics to Create Competitive Advantage
- Managed Procurement Services Allow Companies to Optimize Transportation Investments
- Global Logistics: A View From Above
Cerasis, a freight logistics company and TL broker, offers proprietary freight management software and integrated managed services to ship LTL and TL freight. The Cerasis blog covers manufacturing, logistics, supply chain, management and other topics of interest to industry leaders.
Three posts we like from Cerasis:
- How Making Time for Logistics and Supply Chain Management is Like Fighting a War with Bows & Arrows
- Logistics Planning: 4 Phases of Sustainable Freight Management that Mirror Marketing
- 5 Benefits of a TMS (Transportation Management System)
40. Evans Distribution Systems
Evans Distribution Systems is a 3PL provider based in Detroit offering warehousing, transportation, packaging, inspection and other services to streamline the distribution process for companies. The blog covers everything from career information for prospective logistics and distribution students to technology and industry news.
Three posts we like from Evans Distribution Systems:
- Top 10 Considerations When Selecting A Warehouse Facility
- Mobile Technology Impact
- 3PLs Offer Flexibility for Industrial Lease Options
Penske is “a global provider of logistics, transportation and distribution services.” Penske’s blog covers company news, industry impacts, alternative fuels, technology, distribution, supply chain and related topics.
Three posts we like from Penske:
- State of Logistics Report Notes ‘New Normal’ for Industry
- Penske’s Top 5 Tips for Companies Incorporating Natural Gas Trucks
- Penske Logistics Discusses Packaging and the Supply Chain
42. Weber Logistics
Weber Logistics is a leader in warehousing, logistics, freight management and retail compliance serving the West Coast. The blog addresses issues in warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics and other industry-relevant news and information.
Three posts we like from Weber Logistics:
- What are barcodes and how do they work in fulfillment warehouses?
- Savings in Reverse: Reverse Logistics Management is a Path to Profit
- Shared Warehousing: Maximizing the Benefits
43. Transportfolio Blog – C.H. Robinson
C.H. Robinson is one of the largest 3PL providers in the world, founded back in 1905. C.H. Robinson’s Transportfolio Blog covers regulation, distribution, compliance, collaboration and more topics of interest to industry professionals.
Three posts we like from Transportfolio Blog:
- Do You Have Enough Visibility to Succeed Globally?
- 100 Days: How Supply Chains Have Become my Life
- Getting the Most out of TMS
44. Dedola Global Logistics
Dedola Global Logistics is a family-owned freight company with customers spanning the globe. The blog features a weekly roundup post covering the latest happenings in the world of global logistics, port profiles, interesting facts and definitions, and other supply chain and logistics information.
Three posts we like from Dedola Global Logistics:
These 44 blogs provide plenty of food for thought and valuable resources to any professional working in or affected by the field of logistics. Whether your company delivers goods or provides services, the information provided by these organizations and publishers is likely to impact you—and we strongly suggest staying abreast of what’s going on in the logistics industry.
Did your site make our list of the top logistics blogs? Let others know about your accomplishment by displaying a custom badge on your site. Simply copy the code beneath a badge and paste it into your website.
<a href="http://www.camcode.com/asset-tags/top-logistics-blogs/"><img style="font-size: x-small;" src="http://www.camcode.com/asset-tags/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/top-logistics-blog-badge1.jpg" alt="Camcode Top Logistics Blog" /></a>
<a href="http://www.camcode.com/asset-tags/top-logistics-blogs/"><img style="font-size: x-small;" src="http://www.camcode.com/asset-tags/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/top-logistics-blog-badge2.jpg" alt="Camcode Top Logistics Blog" /></a>