Security Labels & Tamper-Evident Bar Code Labels
Your product choices include:
Our most durable security label product. The silver-colored face stock is highly visible and makes graphics easy to read; and the material fractures if removed from its mating surface, which provides tamper-evident features similar to destructible vinyl. The label has excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents; and will withstand exterior exposure in the harshest environments, including extreme cold, heat and UV. Expected exterior life is 20+ years. Face stock is a 3.0 mil anodized aluminum (5.0 mil optional) with a 5.0 mil high performance permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive. Read more about our Foil Security Labels.
This security label is virtually impossible to remove in one piece. The destructible label breaks into tiny pieces if anyone tries to remove it, discouraging unauthorized asset transfers. Choose this product for indoor assets only, when a high level of security is needed. The label is made to fracture if tampered with. This product has a low to moderate resistant to heat, scuffing and chemicals. Service range is -40°F to +176°F. Minimum application temperature is +50°F. Storage stability is up to two years stored at +70°F. Face stock is a 2.0 mil vinyl laminated to a 1.0 mil pressure sensitive adhesive. Read more about Destructible Vinyl Security Seals.
If someone tries to remove this security label, the word “VOID” is left behind on the surface of your assets and the back of the label to prevent tampering and protect against unauthorized transfer. This product works well on indoor assets when it’s necessary to identify when the label has been tampered with. If removed from its mating surface, a permanent void pattern is left in the label. The over laminate protects the image from scuffing and mild chemicals. Service range is -40°F to +302°F (but, the void pattern feature becomes permanently nonfunctional after exposure to +104°F). Minimum application temperature is +50°F. Storage stability is up to two years stored at +70°F. Face stock is 1.4 mil void polyester, overlaminated with a 1.0 polyester film, and a 1.0 mil pressure sensitive adhesive. Read more about Polyester Tamper-Evident Labels.
What do Tamper-Evident Labels cost?
Benefits of Tamper-Evident Barcode Security Labels
- Visual evidence of tampering. Destructible and tamper-evident security labels are designed to show clear evidence of any tampering. If the label is peeled or scratched, destructible labels break apart, making it impossible to remove them cleanly and completely and leaving evidence that someone attempted to remove it. For a tamper-evident label, an additional layer displaying a “VOID” symbol is hidden below the label and on the mating surface that will be visible after any attempt to remove it.
- Policy management and regulatory compliance. Evidence of tampering left behind when security labels are removed can be vital in certain situations, such as when handling warranty claims for an item that has been tampered with or mislabeled, and they’re required by some insurance policies and compliance with certain regulations. Some industries, such as those working with the Department of Defense (DoD), have strict regulatory requirements for the tracking of certain items. Security labels are one potential solution for remaining compliant.
- Theft reduction. Because security labels are clearly marked, they can act as a deterrent to theft. This is especially useful for high-value items, such as laptops and other computing equipment that you are managing. Identifying these items with security labels demonstrates clear ownership of the property in a way that cannot be altered.
- Reliable tracking. Tamper-evident barcode security labels can be used with your asset management system to monitor and track your assets, improving the reliability of your asset tracking system. With these labels, you can streamline your inventory counting process and maintain complete visibility into any asset transfers between employees or company locations.
Common Use Cases for Barcode Security Labels
Barcode security labels are used in a number of areas where an additional level of protection is needed. They can be found in nearly any industry, and these examples of common applications illustrate the versatility of a barcode security label solution.
- Manage evidence and sampling. Barcode security labels are often used by law enforcement to track evidence that is obtained from crime scenes. They are also used in the medical and scientific fields as a reliable way to monitor sensitive and highly valuable samples. Some companies implement a color-coding scheme for their security labels. This allows them to assign colors to departments or assign assets to categories which helps staff perform visual inspections more quickly and keep items in their designated areas.
- Protect valuable property. Many companies and public facilities need to manage a variety of assets that can be assigned to users and taken out of the building or transferred between work sites or locations. Some examples include government offices, libraries, and schools. Tamper-evident barcode security labels are a convenient way to track and protect valuable assets, such as books, computers, and recorded media. They can also be placed on desks and other furniture within a facility for complete asset management. Using a barcode security label helps ensure that your assets can be tracked securely and improves the accuracy of your asset management process.