Security Labels On Which Assets? Tamper-Evident, Destructible Seals
Which Assets Require Destructible Seals or Tamper-Evident Labels?
The decision to use tamper evident labels may be based upon several factors:
- Minimum insurance value
- Compliance issues in regulated environments
- Loss mitigation in at risk uses
- Internal security factors
Equipment often tagged with security seals include:
- Those high value items often used by multiple maintenance staff members
- "Check-out" items available to employees for temporary use
- Company owned laptops, PDA's, cell phones and scanners which leave the premises in normal work use.
Reasons for implementing Security Seal Barcode Labels include:
- Short Term Leased equipment protection of leased movable assets.
- PDA's and Laptops with proprietary or secure data is protected when tracked.
- Security labels are used by law enforcement to recover stolen goods.
- Stolen tagged items bearing Security Labels facilitate prosecution upon recovery.
Movable Assets Tracked with Tamper Evident & Destructible Labels
- Small, Easily Removed Hand Tools
- Sound & Video Production Equipment
- Portable and Laptop Computers
- Cafeteria or Break Room Appliances
- Lab Scientific equipment
- Portable & Folding Furniture
- Electronic Media equipment
- Fire Extinguishers
- Packing & Moving Equipment
- Cell phones and Personal Digital Assistants
- Publicly Accessible Desktop Computers
- Audio-Visual Equipment
- Warehouse & Mailroom Trays, Carts, Rollers, Totes & Bins