Shipboard and Marine Equipment Marking
Label Plates and Signage
Shipboard identification plates and signage are the most prevalent and conspicuous items on a ship. The crew and passengers would be lost without them -literally. And besides indicating where you are, signs and label plates provide safety notices, warnings, equipment instructions, procedures, and many other mandated and crucial information. New construction ship builds can have from 26,000 to 400,000 identification products aboard depending on the size and function of the vessel. And that is in addition to those already mounted on equipment by equipment providers.
Ships under repair and refurbishment usually require hundreds to thousands of identification products.
Most identification products are highly customized by material, size, color, graphics, and attachment method. Other than some safety and directional signage, you won’t be getting them from a catalog. Organization of all the parameters for each specific product and making sure they meet the technical specifications for the vessel is a considerable logistics effort. Not to mention getting the correct products on location as needed to keep to production schedules.
What characteristics should a vendor have to support your requirements and to get you the correct products when you need them?
- The vendor should be familiar with myriad identification products and materials.
- The vendor should have many production processes available to them.
- The vendor should understand shipbuilding terms and should have insight into options which meet requirements.
- The vendor should be able to kit products aligned with your installation schedule. (Installation labor can be costlier than the products so efficiency matters.)
- The vendor should understand compliance requirements like IMO, UID, and the applicable Military Standards.
- The vendor should be able to offer make on-site options.
- The vendor should be able to participate in the installation of products if needed.
Camcode's broad experience in the identification products market and with ship marking are unique in the industry. Camcode produces millions of custom identification products every year and has traveled to over 250 sites worldwide to assess and mark equipment items. Our work with major shipbuilders, governments and specification authorities as well as direct testing of products and reconciliation of related equipment data is the foundation of our knowledge and ability to complete complex jobs.
Below is a list of our many products and services. We offer pricing for bid proposals, labels and signs, and support services as well as consulting to identify the scope of your project. Please contact us for a discussion specific to your project.
Our products boast the highest performance of any tested by numerous independent labs.
- Metalphoto Anodized aluminum (Type H, MIL-DTL-15024D)
- BlackPlus and DuraBlack Laser markable aluminum
- Vinyl and Polyester
- LaserBond Stainless steel -both marked and unmarked for laser marking
- Color signs
- Retroreflective materials and signs
- Labels of every type
- Schematics and custom graphics
- Graphic Services
- Data reconciliation
- Equipment validation support
- Installation of compliance (UID) labels and other signage
- Equipment and supplies for on-site production
- Evaluation of current processes and equipment
Camcode has the label solution for you. Please contact us today for more information.