Serial Number Tags
Serial number tags are used across practically every industry to identify equipment and other assets with unique identification numbers. Camcode offers several material options for serial number tags, including foil or rigid Metalphoto® serial number tags for applications requiring excellent durability in outdoor environments, premium polyester serial number tags ideal for indoor applications, two-part serial number tags for simplified, more accurate record keeping, and removable serial number tags for temporary labeling needs.
Our serial number tags have a high-performance permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive that’s designed to permanently bond to high surface energy metals and plastics, and textured and contoured surfaces, and our Rigid Metalphoto® Asset Tags also can be manufactured with holes for mechanical attachments to suit your application’s requirements.
Camcode has implemented thousands of bar code label projects and will work with you to design the best serial number tags for your application. By understanding your application specifications and your equipment identification and data capture goals, we can assure you the highest-value labeling solution and improve the efficiency of your asset tracking systems.
Your product choices include:
Camcode’s Metalphoto® Foil Labels are constructed of .003″ anodized aluminum face stock (.005″ optional), with printed bar codes and graphics that remain readable throughout the lifespan of your asset. Offering excellent resistance to chemicals, solvents, abrasion, and outdoor conditions such as extreme temperatures and UV, our Metalphoto® Foil Labels have an expected outdoor lifespan of more than 20 years when treated with our image intensification process. Read more about our Foil Asset Labels.
Designed with extreme durability to withstand the harshest environments, Camcode’s Rigid Metalphoto® Asset Tags have a high performance, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive to bond to contoured or textured surfaces and/or holes for mechanical attachments. Offering excellent resistance to chemicals, solvents, abrasion, extreme temperatures, and UV, these rigid Metalphoto® serial number tags are suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications and have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years when treated with our image intensification process. Read more about our Rigid Metalphoto® Asset Tags.
These polyester serial number tags are designed to display a serial number, company name, and/or bar code for clear asset identification and marking. Constructed of a polyester face stock and over-laminated with clear polyester film, our Premium Polyester Asset Labels offer good resistance to general purpose cleaners, mild acids, oil, and water and have an expected exterior lifespan of about two years. Read more about our Premium Polyester Asset Labels.
For simplifying record-keeping and improving the accuracy of your documentation, our Two-Part Asset Labels are an ideal solution. These two-part serial number tags are designed to mark and identify assets with a serial number, your company name, and/or bar code and feature a second removable tab with a matching serial number to attach to your records for streamlined record-keeping and eliminating manual data entry errors. Read more about our Two-Part Asset Labels.
Removable Asset Tags are the ideal solution for applications requiring temporary serial number markings and short-term asset tagging. These labels are designed to mark and identify assets with a serial number or identification number, company name, and/or a bar code label. Suitable for applications such as shelf marking, shipping containers, and chemical drums, these removable serial number tags can be cleanly removed or repositioned. Read more about our Removable Asset Tags.
How Much Do Serial Number Tags Cost?
Our minimum order is $300 for plastic and $400 for metal. Higher-volume orders reduce the per-unit cost. Exact prices depend on the material, size and quantity. Getting an exact quotation is easy – complete a request a quote.
Benefits of Serial Number Tags
Serial number tags provide a way to mark assets with unique identification numbers for seamless asset identification. Serial number tags can also be printed with other information, such as a company name and/or bar codes to allow for automatic identification and data capture, making data entry processes much more efficient and accurate. Benefits of serial number tags include:
- Streamlined asset identification and tracking. Serial number tags allow for streamlined asset identification and tracking, with printed bar codes that remain readable throughout the life of your asset and eliminate manual data entry errors.
- Excellent durability. Our Rigid Metalphoto® Asset Tags and Foil Asset Labels offer excellent resistance to outdoor environmental conditions and have an expected exterior lifespan of 20+ years, while our other serial number tag options offer good resistance to general purpose cleaners, mild acids, oil, and water to meet the needs of your application.
- Enhanced security. Serial number tags help to improve security. By clearly marking individual assets with unique serial numbers, assets are more easily tracked, making loss and theft less likely.
- More accurate and efficient record-keeping. Serial number tags such as our Two-Part Asset Labels allow for efficient and accurate record-keeping, streamlining reordering by providing an extra tab with a matching serial number that can be removed and attached to your records or re-ordering forms to improve efficiency and accuracy. Printed with bar codes, our serial number tags support automatic identification and data capture, improving efficiency and reducing errors.
Common Use Cases for Serial Number Tags
Serial number tags are used across practically every industry to identify and track equipment, moveable property, inventory, and other assets. Common use cases for serial number tags include:
- Asset tracking. Recording serial numbers and clearly marking assets with unique identification numbers allows for efficient asset tracking, making it possible to maintain an accurate inventory of your company’s or department’s inventory.
- Theft and loss protection. Marking assets with serial number tags enables companies to keep track of every asset’s usage and location, reducing the likelihood of lost or stolen assets by deterring theft and diversion. If assets are stolen, serial number tags can be used to prove ownership.
- Serial number tags used to permanently mark mass-produced products with unique serial numbers or identification numbers can be used for tracking product recalls as well as for warranty verification and claims.
- Auditing and reporting. Serial number tags may contain information such as the date of manufacture, which can be used to quickly determine the age of an equipment asset. When used in conjunction with asset management software or inventory tracking solutions, serial number tags can also help to streamline auditing and reporting, calculating asset depreciation for accounting purposes, and more.