Destructible Vinyl Asset Labels Offer Added Security
Camcode’s Destructible Vinyl Label is designed to break apart if separated from its mating surface, making it virtually impossible to remove in one piece; and discouraging unauthorized asset transfers. This asset label is constructed of a 2.0 mil white cast vinyl face stock, with a 0.8 mil permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is designed to permanently bond to high and low surface energy plastics, textured and contoured surfaces, powder coatings, and slightly oily metals. This asset label has good resistance to general purpose and household cleaners, mild acids, oil and water. Expected exterior life is up to two years.
- Designed to break apart with tampering or attempted removal.
- Permanently bonds to a variety of surfaces.
- Highly readable crisp black graphics on white background.
2.0 mil white cast vinyl face stock.
0.8 mil permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive.
Several font types are available, as well as logos or other design elements.
All common symbologies available, including code 3 of 9, I2 of 5, 128, Data matrix and QR codes.
Black graphics on white background only.
1.50″ x .50″ (#RL00028); 1.50″ x .75″ (#RL00023); 2.00″ x .75″ (#RL00011); 2.00″ x 1.00″ (#RL00009). Custom sizes available.
Shipped in sequential order, in rolls, in boxes. 100% no missing numbers.
10 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.
Benefits of Vinyl Asset Tags
- Destructible. Vinyl asset tags are designed to break apart when removed. Since they cannot be removed intact, it is impossible to transfer these tags to another item. This provides a strong level of protection for an asset by deterring tampering. They will also show evidence of any attempt to remove the tag, alerting companies that someone is attempting unauthorized access or use of its valuable assets.
- Permanent Bonding. The pressure sensitive adhesive that is used on vinyl asset tags creates a permanent bond when attached. This makes the tag a permanent fixture on the equipment that will hold up well under normal use and has an exterior life expectancy of two years. The surface of the asset tag label can be custom printed with text and barcodes using any common barcode symbology. Using a destructible vinyl asset tag will give you clear evidence that your item remains marked and secure.
- Flexible Material. Because the destructible vinyl material is thin, it has great flexibility, and these tags can be placed in a variety of locations. Vinyl asset tags fit well on contoured edges, corrugated surfaces, and other surfaces with irregular shapes that can be found on equipment. The combination of a flexible material and strong adhesive gives these vinyl tags real versatility in choosing your tag locations.
Common Use Cases for Destructible Vinyl Asset Tags
- Tagging Equipment. All companies these days typically own a variety of lendable assets such as laptops, cell phones, and office furniture. Since this equipment is often assigned to employees or transferred between locations, there can be a higher risk of theft or tampering. A destructible vinyl asset tag cannot be removed from the equipment without destroying the label and leaving obvious marks on the surface. Since the customized tags can be easily scanned with asset tracking equipment, they are often used as part of an overall property management program including inventory and maintenance activities.
- Sealing Openings. Since vinyl labels are destructible, they are also used to seal parts of equipment which should be kept closed. For example, this can include limiting access to a maintenance panel or battery pack. Using vinyl asset tags in this way provides the benefit of tracking along with an additional indicator of any equipment tampering. Any attempt to cut or scrape away the tag would be clearly visible upon inspection.