Foil Labels and Foil Asset Tags for Security and Durability
Need a Durable Indoor/Outdoor Asset Tracking Label?
Camcode's Metalphoto® Foil Labels are the ideal solution for all your asset-tracking needs because the bar code and printed information remain readable over the life of your asset. These metal foil labels are constructed of a .003" anodized aluminum face stock (.005" optional), with a high-performance permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is designed to permanently bond to high surface energy metals and plastics, and textured and contoured surfaces. Our foil label has excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents; and will withstand exterior exposure in the harshest environments, including extreme cold, heat and UV. When treated with our image intensification process, Metalphoto's expected exterior life exceeds 20 years.
- Camcode custom foil labels are designed for exceptional durability; image is sealed beneath an anodic layer of the aluminum.
- Superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, extreme temperatures and UV.
- Highly readable crisp graphics on black or silver foil background.
- 5 mil thick, 3M high-performance adhesive.
Material: .003" anodized aluminum face stock (.005" optional).
Attachment: Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive (also available with low surface energy adhesive).
Label Copy: Several font types are available for metal foil labels, as well as logos or other design elements.
Symbologies: All common symbologies available, including code 3 of 9, I2 of 5, 128, Data matrix and QR codes.
Colors: Black graphics on silver background; color options available.
Standard Sizes: Standard and custom sizes available.
Packaging: Shipped in sequential order, on sheets, in boxes. 100% no missing numbers.
Shipment: Metal foil labels ship in 10-15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment of foil labels is available for an additional charge.
Why Do You Need Metal Foil Labels and Foil Asset Tags?
Metal foil labels are a durable, yet flexible solution that can be used in a wide range of settings and applications. Metal foil labels use a pressure-sensitive adhesive that permanently bonds to the surface, ensuring that the labels stay in place over time. This prevents problems such as intentional removal of labels for theft or unauthorized transfer, or labels that fall off or deteriorate over time, which complicates asset management. Metal foil labels can be customized with different fonts, logos and even colors to streamline asset tracking and reporting, suitable for use in multiple industries. Additional benefits of metal foil labels include:
- Durable construction. Metal foil labels are constructed of durable anodized aluminum, with images sealed beneath a protective layer to maintain readability for years to come. The estimated lifespan of Camcode’s foil labels is 20-plus years.
- Resistance to chemicals and abrasives. Custom foil labels have excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, extreme heat or cold, and even UV, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Automated inventory control and maintenance management. Metal foil labels can include scannable bar codes, enabling the precise control of inventory counts, and creating an efficient flow of products through your organization. Metal foil labels also help to provide streamlined reporting and monitoring of maintenance history to keep your assets in working order.
- Cost reductions. Properly labeled assets are less likely to be stolen or transferred without authorization. Precise location control over assets also means you can schedule use across multiple departments, reducing the need to purchase duplicate assets. In addition, regular maintenance monitoring and tracking using metal foil labels can reduce repair and replacement costs. All of these things lead to cost reductions and boost your bottom line.
Common Uses for Foil Labels
Camcode’s metal foil labels can be used in a wide variety of settings thanks to the versatility of the materials used. The high-performance, pressure-sensitive adhesive will bond permanently to textured or contoured surfaces, unlike more rigid labels which are better suited for flat surface applications. Because anodized aluminum is a durable material offering resistance to common chemicals, abrasives and even outdoor elements, these foil labels can be used in the following settings:
- Healthcare. Manual data collection can lead to documentation errors. With silver foil labels, healthcare providers can streamline re-ordering, ensuring accurate inventory counts and documentation, as well as streamline scheduled maintenance on valuable assets.
- Education. Coordinating the use of equipment, such as A/V equipment or laptops, across multiple departments and facets of an organization is no simple task using paper-and-pencil tracking methods. Metal foil labels can streamline the process of coordinating use across and entire educational institution—reducing the need to purchase multiple assets, so you can spend more of your budget where it counts.
- Government. Government entities have a wide range of assets that must be managed, ranging from standard office equipment to outdoor signs. Foil labels are a versatile label option that can be used in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Manufacturing. In the manufacturing setting, assets are put to the test in a wide variety of harsh applications. A custom foil label has excellent resistance to chemicals and abrasion, with the ability to remain readable through the expected life of your assets. That means no repeated investments to re-label your assets, which can complicate tracking and reduce accuracy.
Learn more about our industry-specific asset tags and bar code solutions.