Chemical Resistant Labels
Industries such as manufacturing, oil and gas, energy, utilities, healthcare, and others require equipment labels and asset tags capable of withstanding exposure to chemicals, solvents, and other harsh environmental conditions. Camcode provides durable chemical resistant label solutions for a wide range of applications. These metal and stainless steel labels are designed to withstand harsh conditions such as frequent cleaning with steam sterilization processes, extreme temperatures, chemicals, solvents, and UV. Camcode’s chemical resistant labels will remain readable throughout the life of the part, no matter what the environment.
Camcode offers several material options for chemical resistant labels, including foil or rigid Metalphoto®, Metalphoto® with Teflon® and stainless steel, to meet the unique needs of your applications. Our chemical resistant labels have holes for mechanical attachment and/or a high-performance permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive that’s designed to permanently bond to high surface energy metals and plastics, and textured and contoured surfaces.
Camcode has implemented thousands of bar code label projects and will work with you to design the best chemical resistant label solution for your application. By understanding your application specifications and your equipment identification and data capture goals, we can assure you the highest-value labeling solution and improve the efficiency of your asset tracking systems.
Your product choices include:
Designed with extreme durability to withstand the harshest environments in indoor and outdoor applications, this durable label’s image is below the surface, creating an impenetrable barrier to chemicals, solvents, and abrasion. Metalphoto® Aluminum Asset Tags have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years when treated with our image intensification process. Read more about our Rigid Metalphoto® Aluminum Asset Tags.
Constructed of a .003″ anodized aluminum face stock (.005″ optional), Metalphoto® Foil Labels offer excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, and solvents and have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years when treated with our image intensification process. Read more about our Metalphoto® Foil Labels.
Designed for applications requiring resistance to paints, caustics, and strong acids, these durable chemical resistant bar code labels are constructed of aluminum face stock (thicknesses from .003″ to .063″), with a laminated or fused Teflon coating. Metalphoto® with Teflon® Bar Code Labels offer excellent resistance to chemicals and solvents and have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years when treated with our image intensification process. Read more about our Metalphoto® with Teflon® Bar Code Labels.
Designed for your work-in-process or product identification applications exposed to temperatures up to 1200°F, Metalphoto® XHT Bar Code Labels offer excellent resistance to chemicals, solvents, and abrasion and can withstand exposure in harsh outdoor environments including extreme temperatures and UV. These high temperature metal labels are ideal for work-in-process applications requiring excellent chemical resistance. Read more about our Metalphoto® XHT Bar Code Labels.
Designed for applications requiring a durable short-term label that can be easily repositioned or removed, our Removable Bar Code Labels offer good resistance to general purpose cleaners, mild acids, oil, and water, and have an expected exterior lifespan of two years. Read more about our Removable Bar Code Labels.
Stainless steel is the ideal choice for restaurants, hospitals, and similar environments requiring chemical resistant labels that offer good resistance to bacteria. These stainless steel labels have a thicker, more decorative name plate look and are ideal for applications that require resistance to frequent cleaning with strong caustics, such as food processing, laboratory, and medical environments. These chemical resistant stainless steel labels have an expected outdoor lifespan of more than 20 years. Read more about our 316 Alloy Stainless Steel Industrial Labels.
304 Alloy Stainless Steel Industrial Bar Code Labels are ideal for chemical, textile, petroleum, and food processing environments, offering excellent resistance to frequent cleaning with strong caustics, chemicals, solvents, salt, and intermittent heat up to 700° F. These durable stainless steel chemical resistant labels have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years. Read more about our 304 Alloy Stainless Steel Industrial Bar Code Labels.
How Much do Chemical Resistant Labels Cost?
Our minimum order is $300 for plastic and $400 for metal. Higher-volume orders reduce the per-unit cost. Exact prices depend on the material, size and quantity. Getting an exact quotation is easy – complete a request a quote.
Benefits of Chemical Resistant Labels
Camcode’s chemical resistant labels are designed for the tough environments demanding exceptional durability combined with robust performance and readability. Benefits of our chemical resistant labels include:
- Long outdoor lifespan. Most of our chemical resistant labels have an expected outdoor lifespan of more than 20 years. For applications with temporary chemical resistant labeling requirements, our removable bar code labels offer good resistance to general purpose cleaners and offer an expected outdoor lifespan of two years. For permanent chemical resistant labeling needs, our Metalphoto® and stainless steel chemical resistant labels remain readable for the life of your assets, up to 20 years or more in outdoor environments.
- Durability to withstand harsh environments. Our Metalphoto® and stainless steel chemical resistant labels offer excellent resistance to chemicals, frequent cleaning with steam sterilization and general cleaners, abrasion, and more. These durable chemical resistant labels also can withstand exposure to outdoor elements such as extreme temperatures and UV, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications for the life of your assets.
- Permanent adhesive or mechanical attachment options. Camcode’s chemical resistant labels have a high-performance permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive that’s designed to permanently bond to high surface energy metals and plastics, as well as contoured and textured surfaces. Depending on your application’s requirements, our chemical resistant labels can also be manufactured with holes for mechanical attachments.
- Improved productivity and accuracy by eliminating manual data entry. Our chemical resistant labels remain readable throughout the life of your assets, allowing for streamlined data entry for documenting activities such as routine maintenance. Chemical resistant bar code labels can be easily scanned to quickly find information such as the equipment manufacturer, parts suppliers, maintenance history, and more when used in conjunction with asset management, inventory management, or facilities management software solutions.
Common Use Cases for Chemical Resistant Labels
Some applications require more than an ordinary bar code label, and different levels of durability. Industries such as food processing, manufacturing, oil & gas, energy, and healthcare require durable bar code labels and asset tags that can withstand exposure to harsh chemicals and solvents. Common use cases for chemical resistant labels include:
- Track and manage equipment maintenance and inspections. Industries such as food processing and healthcare rely on equipment that must be regularly maintained and inspected. With equipment in these industries subject to frequent cleaning and abrasion, these applications require durable label solutions that can hold up in these harsh operating conditions. Our chemical resistant label solutions offer the durability required to remain readable in the harshest environmental conditions, providing an always-readable, easily scannable bar code to enable seamless data entry and documentation of routine maintenance, inspections, repairs, and more. Staying on top of routine inspections and preventive maintenance not only improves compliance but also enables you to get the most out of your assets by maximizing the usable lifespan of your equipment and keeping it in optimal working order.
- Monitor equipment usage and access. Chemical resistant labels are often used to monitor equipment usage and access, which helps to reduce loss and theft when assets are regularly shared between work sites or locations. Chemical resistant labels make it possible to easily log an asset’s location in a central database, so assets can be quickly located at any time. They’re also used for documenting equipment usage, which is helpful in applications requiring routine maintenance activities after a certain period of usage, such as a number of hours a piece of equipment has been in operation between tune-ups.
- Cut costs by making data-driven decisions regarding repairs and replacements. By keeping track of your assets’ complete history, including usage, maintenance, repairs, and other data, you can make decisions about repairs and replacements informed by data, reducing your overall costs in the long run. If an equipment asset is reaching the end of its expected lifespan, replacing the asset may be a smarter financial decision in some cases compared to investing in a costly replacement part. Chemical resistant labels provide a foundation for seamless data collection to maintain a comprehensive history of each asset to inform decision-making.