The first order of business once you've decided to implement property ID tagging is determining which of your organization property needs Barcode Sticker Security Labels. Often this is determined either by a minimum value or by insurance, compliance or security factors.
Reasons for using property ID asset tags include:
- Tagging items of a set dollar value to track depreciation & lifetime value of property.
- Useful life property tracking to determine warranty & replacement dates of equipment.
- Leased equipment can be tracked for return dates at end of lease periods.
- Insurance claims for loss or damage are simplified when insured assets are tracked.
- Government compliance issues can be monitored through property ID asset labels.
- Barcode Stickers tagged items which are stolen help to facilitate prosecution.
- Property ID asset labels are used by law enforcement to recover stolen goods.
- Yearly inventory is vastly simplified and speeded using asset tags with barcodes.
Commonly tracked property includes: