Bar Code Tags for Utility Pole Applications
Need a Bar Code Tag that Remains Readable for the Life of the Utility Pole?
Camcode's Metalphoto® Bar Code Pole Tag is designed to withstand the harshest exterior environments while remaining readable for the life of the utility pole. The label is constructed of an anodized aluminum .020" face stock (optional thicknesses from .003" to .063"), with a high-performance permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment. The adhesive is designed to permanently bond to high surface energy metals and plastics, and textured and contoured surfaces. The label has excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents; and will withstand exterior exposure in the harshest environments, including extreme cold, heat and UV. When treated with our image intensification process, Metalphoto's expected exterior life exceeds 20 years.
- Designed for exceptional durability; image is sealed beneath an anodic layer of the aluminum.
- Superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, extreme temperatures and UV.
- Highly readable crisp graphics on black or silver background.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
Material: Anodized aluminum .020" face stock (optional thicknesses from .003" to .063").
Attachment: Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
Label Copy: Several font types are available, as well as logos or other design elements.
Symbologies: All common symbologies available, including code 3 of 9, I2 of 5, 128, Data matrix and QR codes.
Colors: Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background.
Standard Sizes: Standard and custom sizes available.
Packaging: Shipped in sequential order, in boxes. 100% no missing numbers.
Shipment: 10-15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.
Why Do You Need Bar Code Tags for Utility Pole Identification Tags?
Today’s utility companies focus on making better, more efficient use of their infrastructure to maximize the lifespan and usability of every asset. Because utility assets are typically exposed to harsh outdoor environments, utility pole markers must have the durability to withstand extreme weather conditions and other harsh elements while maintaining readability throughout the lifespan of the asset. When durable utility pole tags are implemented, utilities reap myriad benefits including:
- Exceptional durability in outdoor conditions – Camcode’s utility pole markers offer excellent resistance to water, salt, dirt, chemicals, solvents, UV, and even extreme heat.
- Superior to manual documentation – When it comes to managing inspections, automated maintenance programs, and similar initiatives, bar code pole markers offer better accuracy and efficiency compared to manual documentation, with a drastic reduction in documentation errors.
- Reduced downtime – You’ll experience less downtime and will incur fewer unexpected repair costs by implementing regular inspections and ongoing maintenance to ensure your utility poles are in optimal working order.
- Lower costs – Reduced downtime translates to lower costs arising from unanticipated outages and repair needs, plus service continuity and reliability promotes customer satisfaction. Additionally, regular inspections and ongoing, periodic maintenance translates to a longer lifespan for assets such as utility poles, meaning you’ll get more mileage from your costly asset investments in the long run.
Common Uses for Bar Code Tags for Utility Pole Applications
Pole markers make it possible to accurately identify each unique utility pole, but they serve a far greater purpose beyond the ability to identify unique assets – allowing utilities to move away from the previously common run-to-failure approach and take more control over the company’s infrastructure. Common uses for utility pole identification tags include:
- GIS mapping – Camcode’s utility pole tags have been used in conjunction with GIS mapping initiatives. Precise mapping and field data collection support efficiency in the field when it comes to maintenance, repairs, and outages, making it possible for field technicians to quickly and accurately pinpoint the location of a specific pole. What’s more, utility mapping gives you a bird’s-eye view of your entire infrastructure and supports smarter maintenance and inspection planning.
- Maintenance and inspections – Keeping utility poles in good working order is critical for modern utilities, when service interruptions cause major frustration among customers and labor costs, such as overtime expenses, can skyrocket when the source of a problem isn’t easily identified. Utility pole tags provide an accurate, efficient way to document and track both regular inspections and periodic maintenance activities, ensuring that your assets are in good working order the majority of the time.
- Joint use utility poles – Joint use utility poles are increasingly common as utilities look to additional avenues for revenue generation. In joint use relationships, quick and easy identification of the pole owner is essential when service and repair calls are necessary, plus unique identification supports overall asset management tracking and recovery of pole rental revenue. Utility pole markers support joint use initiatives and can also function as jurisdiction tags when printed with the supplier’s name and logo.
- Warning markers – Beyond asset identification, utility pole marking tags are also utilized for safety initiatives, such as “Do Not Climb” warnings, aiding utilities in meeting regulatory compliance while improving on-the-job safety for field technicians.